Spring Break is coming soon. Not that we’re counting the 11 days or anything.
Listserv emails are archived on the HPA website.
- Pre-Dental Events at ECU and UNC
- Free MCAT and GRE test prep
- The AAMC 2020 Fee Assistance Application is now open!
- Gillings School of Public Health Information Session: Feb. 24th – TODAY
- Gerald Unks Undergraduate Travel Fellowship: Application due March 6th
- Cancer Med Society Donut Sale
- 2020 Frank Porter Graham Lecture: No Condition is Permanent
- A Doctor’s Reflection on Race and Medicine: Dr. Damon Tweedy, author of Black Man in a White Coat
- Research Technician position opening: Duke Radiation Oncology
- NYU Grossman School of Medicine, March 27th, 3pm in Hanes Hall
Pre-Dental Events at ECU and UNC
ECU School of Dental Medicine Spring 2020 Information Session and Tour
On Friday, March 13, 2020, the ECU SoDM Admissions team will host the Spring 2020 Information Session and Tour. This event is open to all North Carolina residents that are currently enrolled in or have completed an undergraduate degree program. The information session will begin at 3PM, with tours beginning at 4PM. For those unable to visit in person, a live webinar of the information session will be available. Registration is required to attend face to face or online. Interested participants may register by visiting: https://ecu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_51p26VuLSv8eH8p. Registration will end at 12PM on Friday, March 6th.
Questions or concerns should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join UNC Adams School of Dentistry and Student National Dental Association for the Spring 2020 Impressions Day
The Spring 2020 Impressions program will be held on Saturday, March 7, 2020 from 7:30 am – 3:30 pm. Applications are open now! Participants of the event will be given mock interviews with current faculty and students, seminars on DAT preparation and personal statement writing, a seminar on our admissions process, a Q&A session with current dental students, as well as hands on experience in our simulation lab doing impressions and pouring models. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Students who are interested in participating should begin the registration process (pre-application) for the program by clicking UNC Impressions Pre-Application . There are a maximum amount of spots available to participate, so students are encouraged to register early. After completing the pre-application process (along with registration fee submission), applicants will receive the primary application. The primary application allows us to collect data on participants and help calibrate our recruiting process. Deadline for submission is Saturday, February 22, 2020 by 11:55 pm.
Pre-Dental Day at UNC Adams School of Dentistry
ASDA is sponsoring a Pre-Dental Day at UNC Adam’s School of Dentistry on Saturday, April 4th, from 9:00-2:00. This is a great opportunity to explore dentistry as a profession and learn more about what makes UNC great. Activities include a simulation lab activity, a school tour, faculty and student panels, a DAT study materials giveaway, and more! The cost for the day is $25 and we will be accepting the first 80 people who apply. Lunch will be provided, and we will also take professional headshots for you at this event, so dress to impress! This event is geared towards pre-dentals applying for the classes of 2024 or 2025 only, so this application cycle or the next. The registration form can be found here and will go live Monday, February 24th at 8:00pm. Make sure you bookmark the link to this form so you can take advantage of this awesome opportunity!
2. Free MCAT and GRE Test Prep
Upcoming events from:
3. The AAMC 2020 Fee Assistance Application is now open!
- MCAT Official Prep Products
- Reduced MCAT registration fee
- Complimentary subscription to the MSAR
- Waiver for all AMCAS (application) fees and up to 20 medical school designations.
Learn more about these, criteria and application process on the AAMC website.
4. Gillings School of Public Health Information Session
BSPH in Health Policy & Management Information Session
- Monday, February 24, 2020
- 123 Rosenau Hall
- To attend, please register here: http://hpmforms.web.unc.edu/
No spring 2020 public health walk-ins, prospective students please email to request a 30 minute appointment as follows:
- For Health Policy and Management: Lynnette Jones Lynnette_jones@unc.edu
- For Nutrition: Jonathan Earnest email@example.com
- For Environmental Health: Jennifer Moore firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Biostatistics: Melissa Hobgood email@example.com
5. Gerald Unks Undergraduate Travel Fellowship
- The fellowship is open to juniors and seniors with a proposed foreign travel itinerary that is at least eight weeks long and includes a stay of at least four days in London, England.
- Visit our website for more information and to complete the online application.
- Applications are due by Friday, March 6, 2020
6. Cancer Med Society Donut Sale
The Cancer Med Society and akDPhi are selling Krispy Kreme donuts where all proceeds go towards Breast Cancer Awareness and families affected by cancer! There’s no sweeter way to contribute to this cause!
- Preorder here: https://tinyurl.com/krispykremecms
- We will also be selling donuts outside Lenoir on 2/27 from 10-3 PM (but supplies go fast so we encourage you to lock donuts using the preorder!).
- If you have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. 2020 Frank Porter Graham Lecture: No Condition is Permanent
- Dr Raj Panjabi, CEO of Last Mile Health
- Thursday, March 19th, 7pm
- Fedex Global Education Center, Nelson Mandela Auditorium
- Free and Open to the Public
Raj Panjabi is CEO of Last Mile Health and Associate Physician in the Division of Global Health Equity at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School. Last Mile Health saves lives in the world’s most remote communities by partnering with governments to design, scale, and advocate for national networks of community health professionals. Raj was named by TIME as one of the 100 Most Influential People in the World and one of the 50 Most Influential People in Healthcare for his work on building community health systems and responding to the Ebola epidemic in West Africa. He is also a recipient of the TED Prize, the Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, and is a Schwab Social Entrepreneur with the World Economic Forum. Raj earned his undergraduate degree from UNC Chapel Hill, is a graduate of the UNC School of Medicine, and received a Master of Public Health from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
8. A Doctor’s Reflection on Race and Medicine: Dr. Damon Tweedy, author of Black Man in a White Coat
- When: 7 pm, March 17, 2020
- Where: Jones Auditorium, Meredith College, Raleigh
9. Research Technician position opening: Duke Radiation Oncology
The Department of Radiation Oncology at Duke University is seeking motivated research technicians to assist in our efforts to find better treatments for patients with brain tumors. The position will involve providing experimental support for research projects on genetically engineered mouse models of brain tumors. For more information, please email your resume to Zach Reitman, MD, PhD at email@example.com, or visit: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=20284&company=dukeuniverP1&username=
10. NYU Grossman School of Medicine, March 27th, 3pm in Hanes Hall
Come join NYU Grossman School of Medicine on March 27th at 3pm in 239A/B Hanes Hall. This will be an opportunity to learn more about their medical school, their tuition free initiative, C21 curriculum and ask questions about the admissions process.
To RSVP for the event click here: https://forms.gle/eW4ZvyaQyXUNLzzw5
***SUBSCRIBE to receive more messages***
Send a blank message to: Joinfirstname.lastname@example.org
Share relevant events: Send announcements (text only please) to: email@example.com
To unsubscribe, send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org
UNC Health Professions Advising provides this listserv digest for informational purposes only, does not endorse any organization, and urges students to use good judgment in all of their interactions.”