Financial Planning Resources
Many schools offer both need-based scholarships and merit-based scholarships to students. To be eligible for a need-based scholarship, you will have to fill out a FAFSA form. Be sure to ask schools about any scholarships, grants, or tuition assistance programs that may be offered to accepted students.
In addition to school-sponsored scholarships, you’ll find many scholarships that are offered by third parties (i.e., organizations unaffiliated with a specific school or educational program).
- Dentistry Scholarships (scholarships.com)
Medical School Scholarships
- Medicine Scholarships (scholarships.com)
- American Medical Association (AMA) Scholarships
- National Health Service Corps Scholarships
- Top Master’s in Healthcare Administration
- Medical School Scholarships for Minority Students:
- Nursing Scholarships (discovernursing.com)
- Financial Aid Overview and Scholarships (Nurse Journal)
- Nursing Scholarships (scholarships.com)
- List of Nursing Scholarships (nurse.org)
- 40 Nursing Scholarships for All Kinds of Students (allnursingschools.com)
Occupational and Physical Therapy Scholarships
- Occupational Therapy Scholarships (scholarships.com)
- Physical Therapy/Rehabilitation Scholarships (scholarships.com)
- Optometry/Ophthalmology Scholarships (scholarships.com)
- Awards and Grants for Optometry Students (American Academy of Optometry)
Pharmacy School Scholarships
- Pharmaceutical Sciences Scholarships (scholarships.com)
Top Scholarships for Pharmacy School Students (Nerd Wallet)
- Financial Aid and Scholarships (AACP)
Public Health Scholarships
- Public Health Scholarships (scholarships.com)
- 50+ Public Health & MPH Scholarships (MPHprograms.com)
- Public Health Scholarships (Public Health Online)
Speech, Language, and Hearing Scholarships
- Speech, Language & Hearing Sciences Scholarships (scholarships.com)
- Finding Financial Aid (ASHA)
- Speech-Language Pathology Scholarships (speechpathologygraduateprograms.org)
Veterinary School Scholarships
- 13 Top Scholarships for Veterinary School Students (Nerd Wallet)
- Veterinary Medicine Scholarships (scholarships.com)
- Veterinary Student Scholarship Opportunities (AVMF)
- Funding a Veterinary Medical Education (AAVMC)
Additional Resources for scholarships in various health-related fields:
- Fastweb Scholarship Search
- Genetics, Genomics & Development Scholarships (scholarships.com)
- Health Professions Scholarship Program (HPSP) offered through the Army, the Navy, and the Air Force
- Physician Associate Scholarships (scholarships.com)
- Nutrition Scholarships (scholarships.com)
Please note that none of the scholarships listed above are sponsored by UNC. These links go to third-party websites and are managed by other parties — some scholarships listed on these sites might not be operational anymore. If you are asked to submit personal information for a scholarship, always research the organization offering the scholarship to ensure that it is a legitimate program.
Other Financial Planning Resources
This website provides information on various UNC funding and non-UNC funding opportunities for students.
This program offers reduced registration fees for the MCAT, financial assistance for an updated psycho-educational or medical re-evaluation (if necessary for your application), free/reduced MCAT exam prep materials, free access to the website, and a waiver for all AMCAS fees (up to 16 medical school designations). See if you are eligible for the program here.
This is a searchable database for state and federal loan assistance programs.
The website from AAMC provides information on money management during medical school.